Emotional Yet Thankful
Can I just say that forcing myself to sit here and write this post about what I’m thankful for when my emotions just seem to be all over the place is probably the best thing I could do right now next to praying. So with that,
1) I’m thankful for this awesome linkup that I can join in to share my thankfuls with each week.
2) For having an eye doctor who isn’t really set on doing surgery on my sun to align his eyes. For some of my new followers, you probably didn’t know, but my little angel has what’s called strabismus. Some call it lazy eye, but medically speaking he doesn’t have “lazy eye” or amblyopia because according to the doctor, there is nothing wrong with his eye muscles. He could get surgery to help align the muscles in the one eye or it can actually be fixed with continued concentration on helping strengthen the eye by forcing my son to use it more. We do this by patching his strong eye for several hours a day. My emotions wanted to be upset with her for even bringing up surgery earlier today at the appointment because I couldn’t understand if we had a long time before it would be considered in her mind because he is so young, why stir me up thinking I need to be concerned about that now? Either way, I’m thankful she’s not trying to get us to do it now because we’re just not interested. The statistics she shared for the success rate were just not convincing and JR is just way too young. For all we know, before she even wants to discuss it, the eye will be rightly aligned.
3) For my blog friend Christy. We’ve recently gotten very close and have meshed well together to help each other out on this blogging journey. She’s a very inspiring woman. You all should definitely check her out!
4) For Kareen at Pink Heart String for nominating me for the Sunshine Award. I think I’ve written maybe 3 or 4 of those posts so I told her I would give her a shot out in a future post. How nice was it of her to think of me?! She’s definitely a sweetie!
5) To be apart of Growing Up Madison’s Blogiversary Giveaway in March! I’ve been apart of one cash giveaway and it was really successful. I’m looking forward to helping her celebrate one year of blogging.
6) I noticed that this winter, so far, we haven’t been in our normal 40s and 50s during the day. I remember we had like one week in December where it was in the 50s but that’s about it. I actually enjoy this time of year because it gives us a break from the summer desert heat and I get what’s like a fall effect in terms of how it feels outside. Not so much really lately. It’s been more like 60s and 70s (sometimes close to 80) these days. Needless to say, I’m still thankful for that! I could be freezing cold like some of my other blog friends and family who live in places that have all four seasons. No offense guys, but I don’t miss that not one bit!
7) To be able to watch the food channels. I’ve been getting so many ideas for random things like marinades and how to make things that I probably wouldn’t have known otherwise. I wonder how I’m going to make something and then I remember a dish or seasoning combination that I saw on one of those shows and my creative juices go to work. I’m thankful for this because hubby’s been loving it and so have I!
8) That my husband likes my salad and homemade dressings. We’ve been trying to get him back into eating healthy again and I’ve been stumped as to what recipes to use because he is soooo picky at times. I didn’t want to get tired of our usuals so I had to change it up. Well, I’ve been making salads and homemade dressings and he’s been loving it. He even says that people at work can smell the dressing from afar and come over to see what he’s eating. He seemed so happy when he told me he would tell them “my wife made this.”
9) That my morning sickness is close to zero. I have gone days now without having any and a few where it was a temporary hour or so of queasiness at night. I’m thankful for this! I’m only in the 11th week! I know people who have experienced morning sickness for way longer than this.
10) That I’m still growing a healthy baby. I don’t take it for granted that I’m still able to carry this wonderful bundle of joy inside of me. It makes me feel pretty special that God wanted me to be JR and this baby’s mommy.
What are you thankful for? You can share it with us at Ten Things of Thankful! Click on the image below and add your post: