Yesterday I felt pretty special that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by two different people in the same day! How awesome is that?! I’ve only had this new blog for about a week now and already it is making an impact. I’m extremely grateful for all my followers and the people who have supported me on this new blog! :)
So here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. You must link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator.
3. You must pick 11 bloggers, each with under 200 subscribers, to be nominated for the award.
4. You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
So clever me…I’m going to mention both bloggers who nominated me and answer both of their questions in this post. So here goes nothin’:
Mrs.Tee from MrsTee Love Life and Laughter
Mrs. Tee is so sweet. She is one of those bloggers who make you say you want to join the blog world because she is extremely warm and inviting. She is also extremely supportive. So glad she’s in my social circles!
Questions from Mrs. Tee:
1. What motivates you to write?
I have loved writing for as long as I could remember. I started blogging because I wanted to write about health and weight loss on my first blog, now I’m excited to have this second one to write more about other topics as well.
2. What was your first car?
I honestly remember what it looks like but I can’t remember the name. It was a very old used blue car that I bought with my own money. I remember bringing my grandfather along thinking he knew a little bit about cars.
3. How many hours do you devote to your blog on a daily basis?
I spend several hours on my blog actually. I would say maybe 2-3 hours a day. Sometimes I feel like it is longer because I’m still trying to establish my sites. It is a steep learning curve but I’m patient because I enjoy doing it and it doesn’t really bother me learning how to learn how to do it.
4. What was your first job?
This is a memorable question. I worked “under the table” in my aunt’s office. She’s a State Farm Agent. I believe I was 13 or just turning 14 which was the legal working age in New Jersey at the time.
5. What is your favorite type of TV Show? Comedy, Drama, Reality, etc?
I like Comedy and some Drama. I’m pretty picky about what I watch and can’t usually stick with watching a show for an entire season. We bought the King of Queens series on DVD and this has become my favorite.
6. Where do you go for inspiration when you hit a writing wall?
Honestly, reading what others are writing about really gets my wheels turning. I enjoy reading what other bloggers have to say and it usually inspires me to write.
7. If I pressed play on your iPod/iPhone or music player what song would play?
This is a funny question. It might be hard to believe, but I don’t listen to any music, nor do I have any music on my i-Devices. I enjoy music about God and Jesus Christ, but I’ve boycotted the Music Industry entirely.
8. Are you part of the Coffee Crew or Team Tea?
I’m in the Coffee Crew for sure!
9. Which do you prefer…Twitter or Facebook?
This is a good question! I honestly use like both. I am able to really connect with people equally as well on both and I love how I have my Facebook Feed going to Twitter so my Twitter followers who are not on my friends list or following me there can actually see what I’m posting on my timeline too.
10. How often to you ‘Pin’?
I’m just getting into it more, but I actually use Pinterest a lot. I pin all of my posts and I try to pin posts of other bloggers I like because I know Pinterest is on the top for social sites that bring your blog the most traffic.
11. What was the last dessert/sweet you had?
Chocolate Peanut Clusters! Unfortunately that was over a week ago. I love dark chocolate and I was super excited when I found out it was an antioxidant. I just try not to eat it often.
Megan from The Patchwork Paisley
So I can’t remember how I came across Megan’s blog exactly, but finding her blog was a pleasant surprise. Turns out, she is a Jersey girl just like me and her newest baby and me have the same birthday! Go figure! I love her art work, too. You should click on her blog link I have here and take a look.
Questions from Megan:
1. If there was a movie made based on your life, who would play you and why?
For lack of knowing too many actresses I guess I’ll say Jurnee Spollett-Bell because I can’t think of another actress who might look similar. We both have light-skin, have a mixed-girl look and large facial features.
2. What was the last thing you Googled?
One of the ingredients in my natural weight management product I sell. I wanted to see what other places online sold the ingredient separately.
3. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…chocolate! I simply love it!
4. What is something you know now that you wish you knew “then?”
I had a really tough conversation with my younger sister today who is going to high school for the first time in September. Many of the things that I told her about men, career, being a wife and mom is all things that I wish I knew before I went to high school.
5. What do you consider to be one of your greatest accomplishments?
Being a wife and mom actually. Being able to take care of my family everyday is so important to me and I feel so honored that I am able to do it daily. They are so special to me.
6. What is one thing not many people know about you?
I speak Spanish and English. I actually learned Spanish in college and then ended up majoring in it. I spent about a year in a Masters Program in Translation because I thought that was how I wanted to use it and during that time I spent 3 months in Spain. All of the years of practice has helped me become fluent, though I feel like talking to my son primarily in Spanish really has encouraged me to learn something new everyday. :)
7. If you could wave a magic wand and change one thing about your life, would you? What would it be?
Debt would be paid and money wouldn’t ever be an issue. I feel like most people have money issues on and off for their entire lives.
8. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Aladdin. I used to think I was Princess Jasmine. LOL!
9. What is something you’ve never done, but would like to try?
I’ve never driven a motor cycle or motor bike or moped. I think that would be interesting to try.
10. Where is your favorite place to be?
At a family gathering. Being away in Arizona really makes me think about the family gatherings I used to have with my family in New Jersey. I miss being able to go with me, hubby and baby to something they were having for Mother’s Day or Easter.
11. What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
The post I did called How to Be a Good Blogger. I really took time and effort to think about what I have learned since I started blogging because I hoped that I could help others who are new at it or would want the tips that have been shared with me. I also wanted to mention all of the people that have truly made my blogging experience positive even though I am still learning and have a long way to go.
Blogs I Nominate: Once you have claimed your own Liebster it’s your turn to share the love and link back to me. I selected all of you based on your number of followers (remember it is supposed to be less than 200). I used BlogLovin (that’s the only way I knew to try to get an accurate count). If anyone has more than 200 Congrats and I apologize for getting it wrong… Congrats and now it’s your turn to share the support and the Liebster….
Jen from First Comes Love
Tati from All Moms 4 Jesus
Marika from Ambitious Curls
Kait from Chickadee Says
Jess from DIY Bride
Maryam from Muslimah Loves Makeup
Melissa from Love Like Johnny and June
(I have 4 more nominations to add. I just want to select carefully. I will be updating this post once I’ve selected them.)
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. What motivates you to write?
2. Why did you start your blog?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. Which social media site do you prefer and why?
5. How would you describe your “style” when it comes to your appearance?
6. What is your hobby and how often do you get to do it?
7. How many hours do you contribute to your blog per week?
8. If you could have dinner with someone dead or alive who would it be?
9. How would your best friend describe you?
10. What is your dream job?
11. What is your favorite thing to write about?